Birthday Art Labs
Enjoy a unique and exciting birthday program
for your child and leave the planning to us!
Two-hour birthday art labs at the Rubin Museum of Art are led by museum educators and includes interactive tours in the Museum galleries, art workshops in the Education Center, snacks, singing, and goodie bags with special items from the Museum shop. Choose from multiple age-appropriate themes and catering options. Packages start at $1,325 for up to 12 children.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212.620.5000 x294 for more information.
Birthday Art Lab Packages Include:
- Exclusive use of the Education Center commons & studio
- Museum admission for 12 children and 12 adults
- Thematic art lab, led by Rubin Museum Educators
- Guided exploration of the Museum galleries
- Crafting take-home works of art
- PDF Invitation template for printing or emailing
- Goodie bags with special items from the Museum Shop
Museum Program Fee: $1,000
For up to 12 children. $25 per additional child. Maximum 15 children.
Minimum 1 adult per 2 children required. Lab cannot exceed 35 total.
Museum members receive 10% discount on Program Fee.
Become a Member today!
Birthday Art Lab Themes:
Drum Beats and Little Feet | ages 2-5
Get moving during this wild and wonderful animal-themed art lab! In the galleries you'll listen to the story of a small but courageous jungle hero and join in a scavenger hunt for real and imaginary creatures from around the world. Journey back to the art studio to craft damaru drums then use your instruments to make rhythms and animal noises together.
Super Sculptors | ages 2-5
Squish, squeeze, and mold during our Super Sculptures birthday art lab. Tour the museum galleries looking for fascinating Himalayan sculptures and learn how these sculptures were made. Then, let your imagination run wild as you make your own imaginary creatures out of clay. Use sequins, gemstones, and glitter to make your sculpture shimmer.
Gods and Heroes | ages 6-10
Move over Spiderman, make way for Garuda! Explore Eastern and Western superheroes and transform yourself into a living hero during this spectacular experience. What makes a hero? How do animals make heroes stronger? Design the equipment and gadgets you'll use to help make the world a better place.
Super Sculptors | ages 6-10
Tour the museum in search of Himalayan sculptures and learn how these sculptures were made. Then, become a sculptor and mold your friends into some of the forms you see in the galleries. Afterwards, head back to the art studio to make your own imaginary creatures out of clay. Use sequins, gemstones, and glitter to make your sculpture shimmer and shine.
- Birthday family is welcome to arrive 15 minutes early.
- Birthday Art Labs are 2 hours long.
- Programs are designed for children ages 2 to 10.
- Consumption of alcohol is not permitted.
- Gift opening during the program is not permitted.
Bags are provided so gifts can easily be taken home.
- $250 non-refundable deposit required to confirm booking.
- Full payment is due two weeks prior to the date of event.
- Overtime fees ($150/30 minutes) due the date of event.
- Payment by credit card preferred.