To schedule your group reservation and tour, call 212.620.5000 x345 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Self-Guided Groups: Independent exploration or self-guided group visits are always welcome. For groups of 10 or more, please contact group reservations.
Cultural exploration with a twist! We welcome groups to take advantage of our weekly opportunities to enjoy the museum afterhours every Wednesday and Friday. These evenings are perfect for casual meetings, social networking, alumni gatherings, meet-ups, or just to unwind with some friends and colleagues at the end of the day.
Himalayan Happy Hour: Wednesdays, 6 p.m.—9 p.m.
Every Wednesday evening, Rubin Museum members enjoy a 15% discount and all visitors enjoy 10% off the Serai café menu, featuring specialty teas, wine, beer, cocktails, and snacks. See exceptional examples of Himalayan artistry and craftsmanship in the Serai shop. Hear local musicians as they fill the room with sounds from across the globe in our Spiral Music series.
K2 Lounge: Fridays, 6 p.m.—10 p.m.
Every Friday night, Serai becomes the K2 Lounge, offering a special Pan Asian Tapas menu to accompany the evening's DJ and unique thematic gallery tours and programs. Happy Hour runs from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. with a 2-for-1 special on all beer, wine and well drinks.
Group Visit Policies
- Group Tours must be scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance.
- Advance payment is required for guided and self-guided group visits. Checks and major credit cards are accepted.
- Cancellations must be made at least 3 business days in advance or be subject to a $40.00 cancellation fee.
- Bus parking IS NOT available at the Museum. Buses may drop off and pick up passengers but MAY NOT park or stand on 17th Street or on Seventh Avenue.
- All backpacks, umbrellas, and bags larger than 11” x 14” MUST be checked in the check room while group is in the galleries. Bins for group belongings are provided upon request. All items carried into the galleries must be inspected.
- Please note that outside guides are not allowed without prior approval.
- The Museum features the Serai Café, offering a full range of food and beverage selections. With advanced notice, group reservations and a variety of menu items can be offered to groups. Outside food and beverages are not allowed in the café.
- Pending availability, K-12 school groups that book guided tours or art workshops may request use of the Education Center for students to eat their lunches. 20 minutes, 35 students maximum.
- Please note that any group arriving more than 30 minutes late cannot be guaranteed its scheduled guided tour. If your group anticipates a late arrival, please contact Reservations and the Rubin Museum of Art will do its best to accommodate the time of your arrival.