Terms & Conditions
Please note that the use of this website (www.rmanyc.org) constitutes an agreement to abide by the following terms and conditions. The Rubin Museum of Art reserves the right to update or modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- The text, images, and data on the Rubin Museum of Art (the "Museum") website (the "Site") are protected by copyright and may be covered by other restrictions as well. The Museum retains all rights, including copyright, in data, images, software, documentation, text, and other information contained in these files (collectively, the "Materials"). Copyright and other proprietary rights may be held by individuals or entities other than, or in addition to, the Museum.
- The Materials are made available for limited non-commercial, educational, and personal use only, or for fair use as defined in the United States copyright laws. Users may download these files for their own use, subject to any additional terms or restrictions which may be applicable to the individual file or program. Users must, however, cite the author and source of the Materials as they would material from any printed work, and the citations should include the URL "www.rmanyc.org"
- The Museum does not warrant that use of the Materials displayed on the Site will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with the Museum. For example, some works may be under copyright by the artist or the artist's heirs holding rights to these works. Such works may not be used in any form; they may not be copied or downloaded without prior permission from the holder of the underlying copyright.
- Copying or redistribution in any manner for commercial use, including commercial publication, or for personal gain is strictly prohibited.
- The Frequently Asked Questions answered below may assist you in interpreting permitted uses in these Terms and Conditions.
- Many of the trademarks, service marks, and logos (collectively, the "Trademarks") displayed on this Site, including RUBIN MUSEUM OF ART, RMA, K2LOUNGE—TIME TO ASCEND, NAKED SOUL—UNPLUGGED BUT TOTALLY CONNECTED, BRAINWAVE, HARLEM IN THE HIMALAYAS, LUNCH MATTERS, and CABERET CINEMA are registered and/or unregistered marks of The Rubin Museum of Art. The Trademarks of third parties may also be displayed on this Site. Nothing contained in this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademarks displayed on the Site without the express written permission of the Museum or any third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the Trademarks or any other Materials, except as authorized in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited.
- Without limiting the foregoing, all Materials on the Site are provided "AS IS" WITHOUT A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. The Museum assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property as a result of your use of the Site or your downloading of any Materials from the Site.
- The Museum has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- The Museum may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current Terms and Conditions.
Frequently Asked Terms and Conditions Questions
May I put images or text from www.rmanyc.org on a file server at my school or museum?
Yes, but only if there is no charge for the user and if electronic distribution is of limited term to your school or museum only. The images must remain unaltered. All of the accompanying caption information must be included without alteration, and the citation should include the URL www.rmanyc.org
May I put images or text from www.rmanyc.org on my personal website?
Yes, but only if your website takes in no advertisements or sponsors, does not charge a fee for services, and does not offer any product or service for sale. The images must remain unaltered. All of the accompanying caption information must be included without alteration, and the citation should include the URL www.rmanyc.org
May I put images or text from www.rmanyc.org on a CD-ROM, public domain or otherwise?
Yes, but only with permission from the Museum.
May I print selected images or text excerpts from www.rmanyc.org for a school report?
Yes, but only if it is a personal or academic work, and not for publication in any medium. The images must remain unaltered. All of the accompanying caption information must be included without alteration. You should cite the source as you would any printed work; the citation should include the URL "www.rmanyc.org" All other forms of publication are expressly prohibited.
How do I obtain permission for other forms of publication?
Anyone wishing to use the Materials from this Site for purposes other than as authorized herein must obtain prior written approval. Permission for such use is granted on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of the Museum. A usage fee may be charged depending on the nature of the proposed use. For works of art from the Rubin Museum's collection reproduced on this site, in their entirety or as details, contact the Museum's Rights and Reproductions office at email@example.com. For works of art from other museums or institutions reproduced on www.rmanyc.org, contact the institution credited in the work's caption directly. For all other images on the site, and for any text excerpts, contact the Museum's Rights and Reproductions office at firstname.lastname@example.org.